Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thoughts of Food

How is it that we crave and seek the company of food? As a Common Model I seek to explore. I enjoy exploring new places, picking new roads to follow to see where I end up and enjoying the many roads to good, delicious, interesting food. Maybe perhaps the food is just simple and soothing, or it stimulates your mind to new heights of pleasure, or perhaps its just good for the soul.

Take a dish I once tried in Greensboro, NC at some place called Tandoori Indian Restaurant. Besides the service being very good and knowledgeable, the food was very tasty. I had a mild curry and chicken that was smooth and robust with flavour. There was another dish that a friend was eating that was more spicy. Besides it nearly blowing my head off with heat; it was tasty with more than spice. I wanted to sit and eat and eat while the conversation flowed around the table and we laughed and shared. I would love to learn  how to cook Indian food.

Now I'm going to switch to dessert. Who loves a good dessert that finishes the visit on a satisfactory note?! For those coffee drinkers let's try a Tiramisu. When was the last time you had a Tiramisu that literally melts onto your tongue and has the creaminess and lightness of clouds.The flavour of coffee and chocolate have had a conversation to entice you to linger on your spoon as the dessert is slowly eaten. The spoon has now become your favorite best friend.
OR
Maybe a lovely slice of simple chocolate cake. I am always on the hunt for the best chocolate cake in whatever city I am in. Not a dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or mixed chocolate cake but one that is comfortably situated in plain site as good. Whether there is chocolate shavings on top or vanilla bean ice cream floating around on the plate, but the entire plate needs to be a complete dish. Have you found one that needs to be described as something served for a queen but easily acquired for the common model; a cake that can keep quiet as the tendrils of satisfaction help you drift into solace.

Now my challenge to you is to find wine that tastes like a fruit basket in your mouth and leaves you with imagination on the mind.
*** suggestion: Santi Apostoli Pinot Grigio

 

Until Next Time,
Eat, Drink, and be Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment